Fairies Whispering… (by jaegemt1)
this is my first giveaway!
- 2 clear quartz points
- 1 tumbled amethyst
- 1 tumbled fluorite
- 1 wire wrapped clear quartz point
- 1 wire wrapped tumbled amethyst
rules and qualification:
- just reblog this post to enter the giveaway, nothing more!
- likes do not count, but you can bookmark with likes.
- don’t spam, one reblog is fine.
- you have to follow me!
- deleting or editing the text of this post will disqualify you.
- you have to be at least 18 years old to enter this giveaway (tumblr guidelines).
- your ask box must be open so i can contact you when you’re the chosen one.
- you must be willing to give me a shipping address to send the prizes.
- the lucky winner must respond within 48 hours or another winner will be chosen.
- don’t tag it as giveaway but as 0190377 so i know you have read the rules.
- this giveaway ends on tuesday september 30th, 2014 at 3pm EST.
- there will be one happy winner!
- the winner will be chosen at random with random.org.
- the worth of this giveaway is about 25,-€
- of course i will pay for shipping expenses, including international shipping.
if you have any questions feel free to ask me!
good luck (: 🍀✨
i drew a bunch of elves of color!!
This post reminds me of something that happened a few years back.
I once served as art director for a project where the illustration spec called for characters of a variety of races (in the real-world sense, not the Dungeons & Dragons sense - though the latter was involved as well).
We had one particular artist, tasked with drawing a series of elves, who didn’t quite seem to get what that meant. Their output was basically “white elf”, “another white elf”, “white elf with a tan”, “white elf looking a bit pale”, “yet another white elf”, etc.
When this was pointed out, they were like “oh, yeah, now I get it - I’ll totally fix that with my next piece”.
They proceeded to turn in a picture of a blue elf.
In the end, we had to provide specific quotas for specific levels of racial representation in order to get the point across. It all worked out in the end, but it’s stuck with me ever since that this artist examined the original spec, looked at our feedback, and came to the conclusion a blue elf was more plausible than a black one.
In conclusion: this is awesome.
Read that last paragraph as many times as you need to.
- Having sex every day.
- Saving sex for your wedding night.
- Never having sex.
- Having sex with different people.
- Having sex with one person.
- Having sex with a person of your same gender.
- Loving sex.
- Hating sex.
- Being loud.
- Being quiet.
The only thing wrong with sex?
When it’s not consensual.
Because that’s not sex. That’s rape.
Reblogging again because this post is so important.
"I work for Reuters. I’m a journalist in the media business.
Back in 2008, I sat in a conference and reviewed some proposals to integrate news sources focused on electronic gaming into our RSS service as niche content providers.
We considered IGN, Gamespot, and a few other syndicated online info feeds.
Now, in order to white label a source as affiliated with Reuters, you need to run through a checklist of ~100 items that are necessary for journalistic integrity. The source and its organization has to score at least a 60 out of 100 for it to be considered fair and unbiased.
These tests are carried out by senior journalists, editors, and investigators.
NONE of the gaming publications scored higher than a 15. For reference, the National Enquirer scored a 38 and the MSNBC blogosphere scored 44.
Some failures included:
- Economic ties with publishers
- Acceptance of favors
- 0% of staff held journalism degree
- Very small percentage worked in other major publications
- No real editing process
- No accountability
tl;dr: Gaming “journalism” is a joke and the laughingstock of reporting media. Continue to read these publications if you want, but assume that everything you read is biased or an outright lie.”" — Gaming news is officially worse than supermarket tabloids folks. Let that sink in for a while. These people are are several steps below “IS BRAD PITT CHEATING ON ANGELINA???” (via bonglorio)
THE SARCASM IN THIS POST IN LETHAL
girls dont want you to be nice to them because they’re girls they want you to be nice to them because they’re human beings and you should be nice to everyone wtf is wrong with you
IVE GOT MY MOUSE HEY LOOK IVE GOT MY MOUSE
Flintlock key gun, 18th century.