my three most important characters growing up (made with this) [from left to right]:
Age ~12-14: Alena Carnaris (Neverwinter Nights; Druid/Ranger): half-Elf druid with a panther companion named Krini. the name Alena was from the princess in Dragon Warrior IV [she was a bad ass], and I have no idea where the last name came from. she had green hair because I could, and I wanted weird color hair.
Age ~14-16: Gazzy (World of Warcraft; Hunter): Night Elf hunter because I was 14. had a
Mangry Mangy Nightsaber named Krini. Gazelle was taken as a name, so I went with Gazzy, which has become a nickname online and offline. she also had green-hair.
Age ~16-18: Gazzi (World of Warcraft; Druid): Tauren druid. original iteration was white with black horns, but I always regretted not making her more gazelle colored. when I played on a private Vanilla server I recreated her in the colors I actually wanted. Gazelle was still taken, and I still wanted to be Gazzy, so I went with an ‘i’ instead. no green hair, but I picked the Tauren face with green eyes.
so last night I was going through my notes from my undergraduate program, and I was really impressed how organized and well done my notes were (e.g., color-coded key-terms, bold/underlined definitions, etc.)
AND THEN I GOT TO THIS.
so today I had someone message me on Facebook because they saw my St. Baldrick’s video, and they were asking general questions about the experience/if I would want to do it again/etc.
then shit got weird.
This is a game of “Who the fuck are you?”
- Name: Gazelle
- Age: 22
- Height: 5’11”
- Obligatory picture of self:
- Relationship status: this faggot. (opens in new tab)
- Birthday: September 15th
- Favorite color: #FFCC00 (it’s yellow(
- Favorite bands: Coheed & Cambria, The Decemberists, Nine Inch Nails, and Placebo [in alphabetical order]
- Last song listened: Key Entity Extraction V: Sentry the Defiant; Coheed & Cambria
- Favorite movies: The Room, The Fall, & The FP
- Favorite books: The Fault in Our Stars, Paper Towns, The Road, & The Sandman
- Last book read: Mythologies; Roland Barthes
- # of siblings: one brosef (age 19)
- # of pets: two kittaybaybays
- Best school subject: uh…Psychology I guess? I haven’t had school subjects in like. 5 years. Math?
- Mac or PC? PC
- Current shirt color: black and white striped
- Day or night: night. not any times before 10AM.
- Summer or winter? summer. cold is dumb.
- Most-visited websites? Tumblr, Facebook, GMail
- Biggest turn on/s: not muscles, tall, scruffy hair, video games, suits, cat loving, tea loving, motivation, confidence/outgoingness
I forgot to post this, but march 17th was the year-a-versary of shaving my head. it’s so weird that it’s already been that long.
;w; it’s finally at the point where I can do stuff with it and it doesn’t look like mom-hair anymore, but man I miss being bald.
so a friend of mine got his collector’s copy of Hyrule Historia and sold me his original one at a discount. THE AMAZING ARTWORK CONTAINED IN THIS BOOK, AUGH. <3
today was the first day in the last like, 3 months that I have actually liked how my hair looked.
SO I COVERED IT WITH A HOODIE.
11) Do you have any strange phobias?
being in pumpkin patches used to make me uneasy for a long time because I got lost in a pumpkin patch when I was a kid and walking around them just made me get anxious. I got over that.
large [as in bigger than a quarter] insects [non-arachnid] also creep me out.
66) What is your heritage?
50% Maltese [mom’s side]
50% English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, American Indian [1/32], and Black [1/32] [dad’s side; not sure on the exact break down of the other four]
71) You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late one more time you get fired. What do you do?
oh my god, save dog. no thinking. regardless of the other elements of this story being untrue or irrelevant [not currently working, my boss at my summer job would totally high-five me for saving a dog, I’m never late], I would still save the dog. I don’t think it would be different if I was in a “I will die if I am unemployed” state, but I can’t be sure.
36) Define Art.
oh man. okay, so I think anything said here should apply to art as a hobby as opposed to art as a profession; I don’t want to restrict anything by making the definition strictly something media/museum/etc.-worthy.
I think art is any sort of creative pursuit done with the intention of improving one’s skills. this rules out pretentious “art” that just claims to be an emotional piece or “is art because it’s art”. you can still create something that is emotionally moving with the acknowledgement that some day you might be able to do this better. I think that’s the best way I can explain it?
examples (based on my opinions):
puking colored milk onto a blank canvas.
opening a can of spaghettios and dumping them all over yourself while reading poetry and semi-masturbating.
a 12 year old with no concept of anatomy asking for critique on their drawing.
spending excessive time on a minuscule detail of a piece because you know it could be better and it’s not there yet.
revisiting old works and re-doing them.
and I think this could apply to things beyond the general conception of art [i.e., drawing, painting, prose, film, photography, sculpture, fashion, etc.]. I think it can apply to things like game play [I would consider a lot of “good” gamers artists], cosplay [this might be more general art conception, but I wanted to specify], academic writing [the difference between good papers and bad papers is ridiculous], conversational habits, and other general life experiences.
this sounds really froofy and granola crunchy now.
6. What are you looking forward to in the next week?
I’m going to a speakeasy with my cousin and his fiance on Tuesday, Pigg is coming on Friday, and I get to see all my family and friends on Saturday. c:
9. How late did you stay up last night?
~2:30AM ish. I had to get up early for CAT PARTY USA 2012.
11. Last three things you had to drink?
- Arnold Palmer
- Coca Cola
18. Hold hands with anyone this week?
my cats. probably my mom at bingo, actually.
30. How is your heart lately?
that’s so nice of you to ask. my heart has been doing lovely.
32. Are you wearing socks?
yes. they are black ankle socks.
43. Have you ever been to the emergency room in an ambulance?
58. Have you ever slapped someone in the face?
once, because they did it first.
I redyed my hair today because it was gross and looked like this.
also: MY HAIR IS SO FLOOFY NOW, CHRIST.